Triple Triad Extreme

Important Announcement!

The new forums are here! Pardon our dust while we integrate the new website layouts into this forum skin. To log in properly, you must use your TTE client username and password OR you can log in through Facebook. Read the tutorial here.

Photo
- - - - -

[tutorial] The New Forums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 atomicstorm

atomicstorm

Master GM

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 27750 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

The New Forums Are Here! What Does This Mean?!

So the new forums have arrived and I bet you are thinking to yourself, "MAN! There are so many shiny things! What do I do?!". I am going to try to answer that question in this brief tutorial. So here we go!

How Do I Log In?

We have consolidated our databases so that you only have to log in using your Triple Triad Extreme game username and password. Instead of random users, including spam bots, registering an additional account, they will have to use the Register feature on the main Triple Triad Extreme website. If you are a Facebook aficionado AND your email address is the same on your Facebook account and the TTE account, you do not even have to worry about linking. You might even be automatically logged in. Let's face it... We've been stalking you! Okay.... not really.

Reputation and Sharing

We are going to be relying on community involvement to help us moderate and weed out spammers, trolls, and other unwanted pests from our forums. To do this, we ask that if you like certain threads or posts, that you share them on Facebook, add reputation to the poster, and vote up and down posts that you did not find useful. Where can you find these buttons you say?

Facebook: On the side of the main page, you will see a Facebook Like box that is our new "group". This will allow you to interface with our Facebook "application". Also, at the bottom of every thread, there is a like button that you can use to like a particular topic.

Google +1: To help us on google searches as well as to share content, you can use the +1 button next to the Facebook Like button at the bottom of every thread to essentially "bump up" that topic with Google.

Voting: Every thread has a rating. Just like our previous board, you can quickly rate a topic 1 to 5 stars to help us identify the types of content you prefer.

Reputation Buttons: Every post has a +/- button at the bottom right portion of every post, including this one. This is a post-vote system that will give priority on certain posts. Posts that are ranked real low will be invisible as they are deemed useless. It will also allow you to help the moderators to find posts and comments that violate our forum rules.

Sharing Icons: Below the Facebook Like button on each thread page, there are a variety of content sharing sites such as Digg, Facebook, StumbleUpon, and more that will allow you to share our content with the Internet. This will in turn drive more traffic to our site and help us grow.

For the most part, the avatar rules of the previous board are still intact. However, if you have a gravatar account, the icon used in your email address/account will be used as default.

Mobile Support

This forum, like many ipb forums, supports mobile phones. There is a separate skin on this board, which you can change at the bottom of any page, that will allow you to browse the forums without all the graphics. You can also download the iPhone app using the button/link below.

Posted Image

This is the default skin... when do we get something more shiny?

We will be migrating the new website layout into the website and the forums over the next couple of weeks. They will be accessible at the same time so that it seems like a completely integrated system. We are very excited about this.

What about the "forums" on the Portal?

They will be phased out. Guilds will get their own forums here in this IPB forum over the next few months.

The accounts are integrated so what does this mean for us in the community?

Eventually, avatars will be removed and replaced with your new TTE game avatars. We will slowly, once the website layout is in place, incorporate statistics and other nice tie-ins to the actual game.

I have a suggestion on new forum features, where do I post it?

You can post it on the suggestion forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users