Triple Triad Extreme

Important Announcement!

The new forums are here! Pardon our dust while we integrate the new website layouts into this forum skin. To log in properly, you must use your TTE client username and password OR you can log in through Facebook. Read the tutorial here.

Photo
- - - - -

One Man's Heaven

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 YiKwangHang

YiKwangHang

Agent Wangforce (GM)

• GMs
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationThe Deep

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Previously I had promised to begin writing some short stories from a world I have created in the past. However, the structure of this wordl is still in flux and I would not have it's ways displayed until they can be done so with enough stability to honour any readers.

So... I have decided to start this thread up, a place where I will periodically continue the story of a new world with new characters, not affiliated with any of my real world works. The protagonist may change, the direction may wander, but I will attempt to keep this world concise and it's people and places easy to familiarise with.

I hope you enjoy my digital scribblings, if it can pleasantly kill 2 minutes of your time, that's more than i could ask for- so... I hope you enjoy.

#2 YiKwangHang

YiKwangHang

Agent Wangforce (GM)

• GMs
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationThe Deep

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

I was always told by my folks that life was for the living. People should let go and pursue their dreams and with a little determination and a vision... you could achieve anything. I followed my dreams as they came and went. I succeeded in doing a lot of things that, at the time, meant the world to me. But as I said... dreams come and go - and the dreams I had paled, in comparison the the dream I ended up with - the dream I thought would be the end of all my dreaming. The top of the mountain, the cherry on the cake. I thought I was doing the best I could ever do for myself, my people... the world. But dreams are only dreamy when you aren't in them. When you get inside your true dream, you see it's reality. And with these dreams, the one's we pursue awake. You can't ever escape. There is no death to stir you from your pillow, there is climactic ending to be cut off by your being awoken... There is only the brief escape of real dreams, the one's we live when we are no longer awake. But when reality becomes a dream you never wanted, your dreams become nightmares you will never conquer...

There was no breeze brushing through the trees on this night... The familiar chirp of the creatures lay dormant beneath some sonic amber, dulling the wave of life and bringing a deathly silence to the house. The grass moved ever so slightly, a lone rodent scuttling through it, slow and afraid. The blades barely whistling through the silence of the night. These were things to be felt by a Seeker - and a Seeker, was Tavuh. Listening close to the sounds, and moreover the lack of, Tavuh scrawled in haste upon the cloth in his hand. Numbers, symbols, characters. To anyone's eye the work of a madman, but to one person a guide to a jigsaw shattered and torn to pieces by those that would have it remain incomplete. The air grows quieter still, the silence overbearing, weighing down on the shoulders of the Seeker, weighing in on the mind of the same, desperately clawing at his resolve. A silence like no other, of pure terror. A void for all senses, but to a Seeker as this, an assault on every sense with such force and demand no sanity could possibly take hold... Tavuh fights his nerves, burning with a shock indescribable; fights his fear, more powerful than anything else he can cling on to. The silence grows.

Some miles away a pair of figures dash with haste towards the House of Tavuh. A glint of steel pierces the night sky, shuddered footsteps ring across the rooftops, the thinnest of clouds, dust and smoke trail behind them. The figures come upon a courtyard, public to the town. Many peoples dance in masks, flaunting what fetid and lascivious wares they call theirs, cavorting in liquor and questionable games of questionable form. Flame lanterns light up the area, the orange glow burning into the souls of each and every masquerader, reflecting the vicious natures within them. A poetic site to be sure, but not one that causes eae on the minds of the rooftop watchers... The figures fall back slightly and break into hushed conversation.

"There was no mention of this. We cannot proceed from this side." The figure looked around, concerned. The other simply rolled his eyes and lay back on the roof.

"We can easily make it past this... rabble- without being seen. You worry too much."

"Don't be a damn fool. The entire route is compromised, these people are flowing in from the taverns northward, we can not make it past them all without a single person seeing us.... Which you know is no-"

"-I know, it's not an option... You need to lighten up, I've had just as much training as you and you aren't that much brighter, so don't go ranting at me boy..."

"This is business, stop acting like a child and let's go west, if we have to come in from the south, our closest shot is swimming upriver and entering by the south-west..."

"Man, I hate swimming..." The figures leap off away from the party and towards the river nearby. With little to encumber their passing, save for a couple of quickly incapacitated town archers, the figures reach the church by the riverside with ease. "Ok, time to mess up my clothes..."

"Will you get your head on, this is no time for your foolishness..." The figures dive into the water. Graceful and flowing, they slip into the swell smoothly and without a splash, but their fall did not go unnoticed. Roused from his sleep by tiledust falling into his face, a town guard is awoken, only to see too shadows dissappear into the shimmering water, reflecting the blue of the moon and the red of the torches. Where it not for the strict and cruel nature of the town's Chief of the Guard, the soldier may have ignored what he never quite saw, but unfortunately for the two figures, this was not to be...

(pending)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users